Saturday, April 27, 2013

WK 8 :Time Well Spent

 
My three deeply felt learnings from this program are that the early childhood field is much bigger and various than a simple bundle of preschools and daycares, that there are a lot of professionals with passions for advocating for children in the early childhood field, and that every early childhood professional can make a change for children. I now understand the complexity of the early childhood field as the Wordle in the “Merging Vision, Passion, and Practice shows. This gives me motivation to involve with it as more than just a teacher. I learned the importance of having passions. I got to know the early childhood professionals through the course materials. I learned that people who accomplish a big achievement started from a passion inside them. Through the capstone project, I thought about what I can do for the early childhood field. I learned that I have background and experiences I can use to make a change for children and that the actions of each of us make the early childhood field better for children.
 
My long term goal is to support immigrant children by providing environments where they can learn their language and culture on top of proper early childhood education under an English environment.
 
Dear Dr. Teri & my colleagues,
Thank you very much for supporting me through the program. I feel that I am very lucky to have Dr. Teri for this course and my peers through the program. I gained a lot of insights from you and the passions you have for children and self-growth helped me to push through hard times and assignments and finish the program, and this will help me go on in my career when I face difficulties.   Good luck on your future careers.
My contact info is ariatoairi@hotmail.com. Please let me know when I have something I can help you with or when you have any updates in your career J



No comments:

Post a Comment