Saturday, March 30, 2013

Roles in the ECE Community: National/Federal Level


1.      Zero to Three (http://www.zerotothree.org/)

I chose this because it is a nonprofit organization and it helped me a lot earlier in the course with resources to know about children and issues they are facing. Also since this group “informs, trains, and supports professionals, policymakers, and parents in their efforts to improve the lives of infants and toddlers” (Zero to Three, 2013), I feel that it has the power to really make changes in society. The job I found there is one for a Policy Analyst. It requires a Master degree in early childhood, public policy or social work. The skills they ask for the position are knowledge and experience in early care and education, family support, infant mental health and communication skills including oral, written and organizational communications.

 

2.      National Institute For Early Education Research (http://nieer.org/)

I chose this because I am interested in learning more about children after I finish my degree and they do research that are intended for use by policy makers. The job I am interested in there is as a Research Assistant at Rutgers University. The skills it requires are that candidates should be enrolled in education, child development, psychology, public policy or a related field, and have experience with early childhood practice, research or policy.

3.      AdoptUSKids (http://www.adoptuskids.org/about-us)

I chose this because I am interested in a job that makes a family for children and couples who need a new family. This organization is a service of U.S. Children’s Bureau and the missions are to “raise public awareness about the need for foster and adoptive families for children in the public child welfare system; and to assist U.S. States, Territories, and Tribes to recruit and retain foster and adoptive families and connect them with children” (AdoptUSKids, 2013).  The position available there is as an Administrative Assistant for the Executive Director. The skills it requires are a Bachelors degree, experience in child welfare and knowledge of adoption and oral proficiency in Spanish.

 

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Aya! I like the idea that you chose zero to three as they really do make a difference. I also applaud your decision to add nieer for research is an important component of any community of practice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ayako,

    These were really good choices for the blog assignment this week. I am glad you shared your last choice "AdoptUSKids". I am doing my challenge on foster children and this website could be very resourceful.Thanks for sharing this week!

    ReplyDelete