Saturday, March 2, 2013

WK 8: Reflecting on Learning


My most passionate hope for my future as an early childhood professional and for the child and families with whom I work or I will work is that I will be able to use my knowledge and the skills I learned from this course to move children and families to think about who they are, be proud of who they are, respect others with differences and appreciate the diversity in our society. I learned that the biases and misconceptions that exist in people can be broken if people get a chance to know about the targeted groups of people, learn the facts that prove we are all the same in a way and that what negative consequences that biases and misconceptions cause for the targeted groups of people.

 
To my colleagues,

Thank you very much for giving great insights throughout the course. I hope we can make changes for children and family and their futures by our working as anti-bias educators. I am hoping your journey at Walden and your future careers will be successful.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ayako;

    I love your post. Thank you also for your insights as well. I have learned so much from Dr.Weems as well as insights from my co-workers on how to relate to anti-bias education and diversity in the early childhood setting.

    ReplyDelete